NCEP REAL TIME N.O.M.A.D.S.
NOAA Operational Model Archive Distribution System
- Page 0
- Select one directory: select a directory which may contain the data set you need.
- The direcotry name may contain the date of the production. E.g. for gfs, the direcoty name will be: gfs20040101.
- Some production does not have this page. All the data sets was in same directory.
- Page 1
- Control file: list all the .ctl file in current directory.
Default is the frist shown .ctl file
- Options: let users select to show or not show the definitions and units for the variables in the .ctl file. Default is not to show the variable definitions and units.
- Overlap: let users select to plot one variable or two variables in one graph. Default is one variable.
- Plot types:
- map: plot with map background.
- time series: plot time series.
- lat/lon vs time: plot Hovmoller diagram (lon/time or lat/time graph)
- animation: animate graphs with map background
- Page 2
- Variable 1: list all the variables in the .ctl file. When users plot with two variables, Variable 2 list will be displayed.
- Level: list all the level in the .ctl file. Default is 1000 hpa. When a variable has just one level, leave this alone. When users plot with two variables, Variable 2's level list will be displayed.
- Extra operations:
- Operation 1. Average the variable for dimension t from A
to B: ave(var, t=A, t=B)
- Operation 2. Unit or scale change
- When users plot with two variables, variable 2's extra operations will be displayed.
- Time: Date period when data are available will be shown. User need select a specific time for their plots. When plot type is time series,lon/lat vs time and Animation, show the initial time and final time.
- Map projection: list different map projection. Users can select
"custom" on the map projection list, then set longitude, width of
longitude, latitude and latitude width to set up custom map domain.
- Time seires average box: let users set the left longitude, right longitude, bottom latitude and upper latitude.
- Hovmoller diagram: let uses set the fixed latitude (longitude), then set the longitude domain (latitude domain) for display. If select fixed latitude
(longitude) and leave longitude (latitude) domain blank, GrADS will show
the whole domain of longitude (latitude).
- Draw: set the graphics type for GrADS. ('set gxout graphics_type).
- Contour interval for variable 1: set the contour interval for GrADS ploting: 'set cint (a number)'. Default ("def") does not set contour interval.
- White: set the specific contour level for while color, default (def) will let GrADS set that level.
- Plot size: list the resolution for the plots.
- Title: allow users to gave a name for the plots, default (leave blank) will show variable name(s) and date as title.
- Page 3
- Download postscript file: allow user to download their plot in
.ps format. Notice: these files will be delelted
in 20 minutes after they are created.
- Download meta file: allow user to download the GrADS meta data file.
Notice: these files will be delelted in 20 minutes after they are created.
- For time series, you also can download the data file(s) for the
time series, and for two variables plot, you can download the correlation
coefficient between these two variables.
- ctlfile: the .ctl file name selected
- ptype: plot type (map, time series, lat/lon vs time or animation)
- povlp: plot one variable (noovlp) or two variables (overlap)
- var: variable selected
- level: level for the variable to be shown
- op1: average variable in a specific time period
- op2: unit or scale change
- hour, day, month, year: time or initial time in the time domain
- proj: map projection
- lon0, lat0: when ptype is map, they are the left longitude and lower
latitude of the customer defined map, when ptype is time series, they are
the left longitude and lower latitude of the average domain.
- dlon, dlat: only appears in customer defined map, gives the longitude
width from the left longitude and latitude width from the low latitude.
- type: graphics type (shaded, line, pixel, value, shaded&line, pixel&value)
- cint: contour interval
- white: the specific contour level for the white color
- plotsize: the graph size in pixels
- title: user's defined title
- dir: the directory where the .ctl located, usually contain the date information
- Other parameters used in time series and Hovmiller diagram:
- fhour, fday, fmonth and fyear: final date of the time domain
- lon1, lat1: right longitude and upper latitude for the domain to do average.
- hovm: select Hovmiller diagram is lat vs time or lon vs time.
- deg: set the Hovmiller diagram latitude for lat/time, or longitude for lon/time
- hovfrom, hovto: set the other dimension for the Hovmiller diagram
- Other parameters used in two variables:
- var2: the second variable
- level2: level for second variable
- op1v2: operation 1 for variable 2
- op2v2: operation 2 for variable 2
- cint2: contour interval for variable 2