NCEP REAL TIME N.O.M.A.D.S.
NOAA Operational Model Archive Distribution System
- Page 0
- Select one directory: select a directory which may contain the data set you need.
- The direcotry name may contain the date of the production. E.g. for gfs, the direcoty name will be: gfs20040101.
- Some production does not have this page. All the data sets was in same directory.
- Page 1
- Directory: show the directory containing data user interested
- Data files: list all the files under directory for user to select, user can also select files by entering a string containing wildcards in the box under the data list, and then click Select fies.
- Grib filter:
- Levels: list all levels shown in the Grib data file.
- Varialbes: list all variable in the Grib data file.
- Dates: List dates of the records in the Grib file, user can get data for some specific date
- Subregion: check box for make subregion, fill in the left and right longitude and top and bottom latitude (not bottom and top).
- Get data: there are two ways to get data. The old way is to transfer data to users' anonymous ftp server, which will be stop from using soon. The other way is to send data to NOMAD anonymous ftp server for some time (1 hour or 3 hour). Then you can go to NOMAD2 anonymous ftp to get the data.
- Page 2
This page gives you information about your downloading.
- If user uses NOMADS anonymous server, the pages will show the size, the URL of user's files, and the directory user's data located.
- If user uses his/her own anonymous ftp server, this page will show the user files size and ftp infomation.
- file: the data file user selected
- wildcard: the wildcard string user used to select the files
- lev_(lev name):the levels user needs to subset the data file
- var_(var name): the variables user needs
- subregion: if user need extract subregion, on means do extract subregion
- leftlon: left longitude of subregion
- rightlon: right longitude of subregion
- toplat: top latitude of subregion
- bottomlat: bottom latitude of subregion
- results: ways to get data, if results is set to SAVE, save user's data to
NOMAD anonymous servers; if results is set to FTP, save user's data to user's sFTP servers.
- rtime: the time to keep data on NOMAD anonymous server
- machine: ftp server for user to save data on user's ftp server,
- user: user name on user's ftp server for user to save data on user's ftp server,
- passwd: user's password on user's ftp server for user to save data on user's ftp server,
- ftpdir: the directory on user's ftp server for user to save data on user's ftp server,
- prefix: the prefix to the data file name on user's ftp server
- dir: the directory on NOMAD where the data user request are located, usually contain the date information